Despite the many challenges of the last two years, Best Deck has been very busy with impressive, exciting high-end projects. These ranged from total revamps for private homes to massive estates and malls that have been transformed with Best Deck’s premium products.
HIGHLIGHTED PROJECTS FOR 2020/2021
This luxurious 2000-hectare lifestyle estate is more of a city, perched between Johannesburg and Pretoria. It has a Jack Nicklaus 18-hole championship golf course, equestrian centre, gym and spa, the largest all-weather outdoor arena in South Africa, fishing dams, cycling trails, and an idyllic beach lagoon. There are chic high-rise apartments and penthouses, schools, shops and restaurants.
Best Deck was awarded the opportunity to do the composite wood for this massive development. We have worked closely with the architects and developers to supply and install:
- More than 1100 square metres of decking
- Almost 1000 square metres of balustrades and sun screens
- 1250 square metres of pergolas
The result has been a contemporary development that maintains a natural feel, which creates a really tasteful and elegant setting for these luxurious homes. The unrivalled quality of our composite wood products is in keeping with the estate’s world-class standards.
This is probably the largest composite wood project ever to be awarded on the continent and we’re extremely proud to attach our brand to this esteemed estate.
At the end of 2020, we were awarded the extremely exciting Umhlanga Arch project, which means that about 1 500 square metres of Best Deck’s quality composite wood product have been used throughout this KwaZulu-Natal development. We were appointed by WBHO to be part of this R1.3 billion initiative.
Our premium products are being installed by our KZN partner, Design-A-Deck in the:
- Flagship SMG BMW dealership
- Hilton Garden Inn Hotel (with its 203 suites and stunning meeting venues)
- Penthouses in the exclusive hotel – Best Deck’s composite wood decking is used on their private balconies and around their swimming pools.
- Common areas – some of the shared paths and meeting areas of the hotel will also be finished with Best Deck’s beautiful products.
The unique architectural style of the Umhlanga Arch lends itself to really cool design features, which is why Best Deck was perfect for this initiative.
Some Mind-Blowing Residential Projects Completed in 2021
House 1 – Meyersdal Eco Estate
This extensive project took five weeks and cost R520 000, and the end results were nothing short of mind-blowing! It was on two levels; the ground level pool area and the first-floor entertainment area.
The pool level comprised 120 square metres of decking with an additional raised deck of 18 square metres. But, what set this area apart is the cantilever facia pergola over it. This style is rare as it has no vertical front legs to support the frame. It also had a cut-out in the planks for a waterfall that flows into a pool that has been tiled in emerald and white 600mm x 600mm tiles.
The first floor is even more impressive. The bench seating is built from our tasteful deck planks around a fire pit that overlooks some amazing views of the south of Johannesburg, as far as the eye can see. The bench’s slanted back rests and mitred corner edges guarantee an aesthetically clean finish, which isn’t something that can be offered by just any run-of-the-mill contractor. The decked walkway leads to a 24 square metre facia pergola with loungers, tables and hammocks. The happy client said, “Thank you for the time, effort and energy that went into my project. I could not be happier with the end result. A big thank you to you, your team, and Best Deck.”
House 2 – Bedfordview
This house took four weeks to complete and the composite wood aspect was extensive. We uplifted 280 square metres of rotted timber deck planks and deck structure, as well as the failing timber balustrade. These were replaced with Best Deck’s 25-year guaranteed, stain- and moisture-resistant deck planks onto a lightweight galvanised steel structure. We also replaced the balustrade with a modern composite and stainless steel cabled balustrade. This three-level project includes a 16 square metre koi pond. We closed in around the pond. This was a challenge that we were happy and well-equipped to handle. The project included benches with slanted backrests overlooking this amazing koi pond feature.
The client is ecstatic with the end result. They said, “Thank you to Best Deck and their team for an unbelievably beautiful deck and balustrade. My wife and I had no idea that it would look this good after living with that problematic timber decking and balustrade for so many years. We are blown away by what has been done. Well done and thanks again.”
House 3 – Bryanston
This is the first of five houses that we are adding the Best Deck touch to in this estate, we loved working on it! It was a very technical and specialised project that involved vertical shade screens that return back at 90 degrees to the house. These screens were constructed from Best Deck’s 100 x 50 rectangle composite profiles with a specialised installation application, which adds huge aesthetic design value. These also provide privacy and shade screening. This home included composite decking around the pool and patios, and an amazing composite wood sunken seated lounge.
Installing this vertical screening correctly takes experience. Best Deck has done a lot of this and we are experts in this type of installation application.
The feedback from the architects was very positive: “Gary, you assured me to leave it in your hands and we are so glad we did. You have hit the nail on the head and given me and our partners exactly what we wanted. Your attitude and work ethic I found second to none and you have not only secured the next four units in this complex, but we will be getting you involved in our development further down the road. Well done, Gary and Best Deck.”
WHAT’S IN STORE FOR 2022?
This year has flown and we’re already working on massive projects for 2022. These include a striking revamp of the Mount Grace Hotel & Spa in the Magaliesburg, as we’re a registered vendor to the Tsogo Sun Group. For this project, Best Deck will lift the timber decking pergolas and balustrades and replace them with elegant composite wood ones. In total, the job requires:
- About 2500 square metres of decking
- 450 square metres of pergolas
- 700 running metres of balustrades
We will use the Diamond Range deck plank, which has a 25-year guarantee and is resistant to stains and moisture. They’re ideal for such an elegant space that welcomes so many guests as they’re not only stylish, but require no maintenance or specialised cleaning.
WHY CHOOSE BEST DECK?
Best Deck is the industry leader for many reasons:
- Our composite wood products are head and shoulders above our competitors’ in quality and aesthetic appeal.
- Our service delivery is exceptional. We work hard and efficiently.
- Best Deck’s outdoor showroom is the best in the composite wood industry and has to be experienced to be believed.
- There’s no middle man. We offer a complete turnkey solution. We supply and, when necessary, install our top-notch product, overseeing the entire process from start to finish.
- We have a huge stock on hand, possibly the largest composite wood stock in South Africa.
- The Best Deck website is extensive; one of the most comprehensive in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Our experience and knowledge is unmatched. The two directors have 60+ years combined experience; a priceless resource for our clients.
- Best Deck offers lengthy guarantees. We are the only composite wood company that backs our products up with such confidence.
- Our product range includes decking, wall cladding, pergolas, screen walling, balustrades, gates, and finishes.
Check out the testimonials we’ve received for further evidence of our esteem in the industry.
To find out more about our incredible product quality and range, contact us today on 083 444 0655 or email@example.com.